The following insights are powered by Nielsen in partnership with Unioncrate, an artificial intelligence demand planning platform that combines consumer behavior and historical shipment data to predict sales and inventory with up to 91.6% SKU-level accuracy.
Welcome to Day 21 of Unioncrate’s Year In Review, focusing on the baby bath products category, which experienced 6.9% growth in 2020.
Baby Bath Products
- As the weather cools down, a warm bath is becoming a welcome part of the nighttime routines of babies across the nation. The baby bubble bath category has seen steady increases in growth over the past few 4-week periods, with a 25.8% YOY jump in the period ended 11/28.
- Baby bath sponges have seen extreme growth in 2020, perhaps taking the place of ordinary kitchen sponges when stock ran low earlier this year. Whether you use them to gently wash your baby or scrub the grease out of your pots and pans, sales increased 466.4% in the 40-week period since March.
- What’s a bath without the soap? The baby soap category grew 21.1% in 2020.
Bathing in News
- Baby care brand Hello Bello, started by celebrity couple Kristen Bell and Dax Shepherd, announced that its first wholly-owned manufacturing and distribution center would be located in Waco, TX.
- Johnson & Johnson pledged $50 million to frontline healthcare workers to help provide them whatever they need, from meals to protective equipment.
- Aveeno’s baby wash and shampoo combo was named best baby soap by Healthline Parenthood.
- Babycare startup Mini Bloom released its first products to customers DTC, sourced with clean ingredients good enough to go on even the most delicate of skin.