Having the right inventory software is a foundational aspect of managing an efficient supply chain.
Though there are numerous choices for inventory software available today, not all of them are created equal. For one, inventory management means different things to different people, businesses, and the industries in which they operate, including Consumer Packaged Goods. In fact, even within CPG, brands that operate within various categories and subcategories will likely have different needs based on distribution channels, product assemblies, and the various 3PL or vendors they partner with.
As a baseline, inventory software should be cloud-based and be capable of provide real-time visibility into stock levels at each inventory locations. It should also enable companies to easily move inventory from one warehouse to another when necessary, access real-time information about all ship-to and ship-from locations, provide information on shelf-life, assign and track lot numbers, and many more capabilities essential to effective, data-driven inventory management.
To help you sift through a bevy of available options, we put together a list of 31 software companies that offer effective inventory management solutions. While some are dedicated solely to inventory management, many also bring important warehouse and financial integrations into the picture, which are vital to the operations of many CPG businesses.
The 31 Best Inventory Management Software in 2020
- QuickBooks Commerce
- Stitch Labs (acquired by Square)
- DEAR Systems
- Fishbowl Inventory
- Finale Inventory
- Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise
- Dynamic Inventory
- Top Shelf (owned by Scout)
- Plex Inventory Management
- Lightspeed POS
- Althea Suite
- Acctivate Inventory Software
- Blue Yonder
- Location(s): New York (HQ), Buenos Aires, Barcelona
- Tagline: Predict tomorrow. Control today.
- About/Top Features: Built by CPG veterans, Unioncrate is an artificial intelligence supply chain platform that frees CPG brands from inaccurate predictions, manual processes, and wasted capital. The inventory management solution enables users to manage B.O.M. and track costs for all finished goods, raw materials, and components; track LOTs in order to monitor product movement through the supply chain and manage potential recalls with ease; easily replenish, adjust, and/or transfer inventory across warehouses to optimize operational costs; and more.
- Pricing: Unioncrate's Inventory Management tool starts at $758/mo.
- Notable Clients: Spindrift, CAULIPOWER, BOU, Mason Dixie, Dream Pops, Jade Leaf Matcha, SOUND Brands
2. NetSuite (Subsidiary of Oracle)
- Location(s): Redwood City, Austin, Denver, USA; Barcelona, Spain; Netherlands; Australia; Brazil; Canada; France; India; Montevideo, Uruguay; Israel; Mexico; Reading, UK
- Tagline: The #1 Cloud ERP
- About/Top Features: NetSuite, which was acquired by Oracle in 2016, offers customizable alerts about your supply chain status; uses order management rules to optimize delivery plans and reduce lead times; and enables users to identify and act on cost variances as they occur. With NetSuite’s replenishment setting feature, you can view and manage inventory across your organization and achieve multi-location planning. With their cycle counting feature, you can target specific items. NetSuite also offers lot and bin tracking, and full traceability.
- Pricing: $999/mo. for NetSuite Limited Edition, not including its OneWorld product. Costs associated with NetSuite's supply chain & inventory management software depends on the the version and robustness of the ERP package, which offers a variety of benefits based on tier. Another factor is company size (employees, number of legal entities) and users, which helps dictate the "edition" of the ERP you'd be using: Starter, Emerging, Limited Edition, Mid-Market, or Enterprise.
- Notable Clients: The Second City, TOV, Land O’Lakes, LoveSac, Hello Products
3. QuickBooks Commerce (formerly TradeGecko)
- Location(s): California, USA (HQ); Mexico; UK
- Tagline: Power every part of your business.
- About/Top Features: Known as TradeGecko since 2012, the newly-renamed company, QuickBooks Commerce, was purchased by Intuit in August 2020 and has now integrated into QuickBooks’ suite of financial, payment, reporting and accounting tools. Their inventory management tool offers a location report, bundles, product kitting and pack sizes, incoming stock reports, inventory stock on hand reports, stock adjustments, inventory details reports, barcode scanning, product history reports, customizable variants, and stock on hand syncs with system operations. QuickBooks Commerce works across most industries, including Fashion & Accessories, Diversified Products, Food & Beverage, Electronics, Gifts, Toys & Games, Health, Wellness & Cosmetics, and Sports and Recreation.
- Pricing: QuickBooks Commerce offers a 14-day free trial, after which small businesses pay $199/month, billed annually.
- Notable Clients: The 5th, SUPACAZ USA, Anothersole, Noodoll
- Location(s): Auckland, NZ (HQ); Seattle, Denver, USA
- Tagline: Connected inventory management. Simplified.
- About/Top Features: Cin7 boasts over $20 billion in sales orders in the last 12 months, operation in 20 countries, and over 550 integrations. They offer workflow automation, warehouse management, retail POS (for loyalty programs and promotional pricing), and precise costing that is integrated with Xero and QuickBooks for better accuracy. They also have different software options depending on your industry: manufacturing, multichannel and chain retail, multichannel wholesale, and multi-entity business are available choices.
- Pricing: Cin7 offers three pricing tiers, beginning at $299/mo.
- Notable Clients: Invisawear, Caterpy, Anova, Sike Design
- Location(s): NYC, USA (HQ)
- Tagline: Meet the hardest working operations platform on the planet.
- About/Top Features: Skubana integrates with today's leading ecommerce partners, marketplaces, and 3PLs, like Zapier and QuickBooks. Whether you utilize your own warehouses, 3PL's, dropshippers, or FBA fulfillment centers, Skubana promises to track every single unit and synchronize it with every channel you sell on with pinpoint accuracy and unmatched speed. They offer multi-warehouse inventory, true inventory count, and over/underselling prevention.
- Pricing: Starts at $1000/mo.
- Notable Clients: Vision Path, Inc., M. Gemi, Honeylove, Snowe
6. Stitch Labs (Acquired by Square)
- Location(s): San Francisco
- Tagline: From now on, things will be easier.
- About/Top Features: Stitch Labs offers a unified, real-time view of stock levels and inventory performance across channels and locations from one inventory control. Witch Stich, you can add new channels via over a dozen integrations. Stitch channels and store inventory control supports and maintains your channels so you don't have to. Stitch Labs is best suited for brands trading $1M or above, or transacting over 25,000 orders per year.
- Pricing: Stitch offers three tiers—Essentials, High-Growth, and Premium subscriptions. Prices start at $799 per month.
- Notable Clients: Unbound Babes, Brookline, Topo Designs, Thinx, and Chubbies.
7. DEAR Systems
- Location(s): Charleston, South Carolina (HQ), with offices throughout the Southeast USA
- Tagline: Inventory management that’s seamless, easy, and efficient.
- About/Top Features: DEAR uses Cloud ERP software to empower you to effectively manage your biggest investment and get up-to-the-minute inventory knowledge. Wholesalers can create Product Families containing variations of the same product, each with a unique, automatically-generated SKU. Other appeals are automatically created purchase orders, automatically generate product data with barcode scanning, full integration with POS systems, stock adjustment, and inventory write-off for inventory that lost its value.
- Pricing: Beginning at either $2739 annually with the first month free, or $249/mo.
- Notable Clients: Love Tea, Electromek, Calibre, Just Snacks
- Location(s): Austin
- Tagline: Making companies a better place, one app at a time.
- About/Top Features: Ordoro promises to “unify your inventory, shred those spreadsheets, and sync inventory without thinking.” You can use their built-in kitting engine to bundle multiple products as an individual unit for sale — kit related products, products with components, or products with varying quantities. Ordoro’s software also allows you to create a sense of scarcity: their Max Export Quantity lets you establish a limit on the product quantity seen by the consumer when Ordoro pushes the amount on-hand to your storefronts.
- Pricing: Their lighter, express option starts at $59/mo., and their heftier pro option starts at $499/mo.
- Notable Clients: Undies, Inc., Barlett Audio, Wigs US, United Tees, WallsNeedLove
- Location(s): Chennai, India; Pleasanton, USA
- Tagline: Create sales strategies, manage re-order point, and keep your customers satisfied.
- About/Top Features: If your business is handling fewer than 20 each regarding online orders, offline orders, shipping labels, and shipment tracking per month, Zoho is free! After that, pricing begins at $39/mo.
- Pricing: Zoho offers a cloud-based inventory management system. Zoho offers benefits including item kitting, automatic re-ordering, stock adjustments, barcode auto-population, serial number tracking, batch and expiry date, and FIFO tracking. You can also get insights into how well a specific selling channel is performing.
- Notable Clients: The Debug Store, BOHECO, Vincenzo Leather, and Badger Australia.
- Location(s): San Francisco, USA; Ireland; South Africa
- Tagline: Make fulfillment a snap by integrating with top-of-the-line services like ShipStation, ShippingEasy, Fulfillment By Amazon and more.
- About/Top Features: WooCommerce promises to make fulfillment a snap by integrating with top-of-the-line services like ShipStation, ShippingEasy, Fulfillment By Amazon. There are 140 region-specific gateways to choose from and integrate with, including Stripe, PayPal, Square, and Amazon Pay. Apple Pay, and Google Pay. Subscriptions and deposits are also supported.
- Pricing: WooCommerce is technically a website-builder, and it is free to build a site on! Additional costs then kick in—a domain name (about $12/year), and a hosting service is needed ($5-$25 monthly). You’ll need plugins & extensions, which cost $25 each, for to access inventory management. There are developer fees, should you go that route, from $20 to $150 per hour.
- Notable Clients: All Blacks, AeroPress, Singer, Airstream, Daelmans Stroopwafels, Singer
11. Fishbowl Inventory
- Location(s): Orem, USA
- Tagline: The #1 manufacturing and inventory management software for QuickBooks.
- About/Top Features: Fishbowl works across all industries, from biotechnology to cannabis. The Fishbowl ROI Tool will help you calculate how much money you will save using Fishbowl and how quickly you will recoup the cost of the software, so you don’t waste your money. Fishbowl markets itself towards small businesses, and offers a manufacturing and warehouse option, which both provide QuickBooks integration. The core features of the warehouse option include business intelligence, employee time tracking, barcode scanning and multiple locations, while the manufacturing option is a little more robust, including multilevel bills of materials, and 3PL.
- Pricing: One-time payment starts at $4,395, which gives you permanent ownership of the software and it becomes even more cost-efficient the more users you add. They offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee—If you're not satisfied, Fishbowl will reimburse you for the full amount you paid for the software.
- Notable Clients: Quality Pet Products, Mississippi State Dept. of Health, Chung’s Gourmet, East Coast Defender
12. Finale Inventory
- Location(s): Palo Alto, USA
- Tagline: Multichannel inventory management for your growing business.
- About/Top Features: Finale offers multichannel integrations, warehouse management, centralized inventory, order management, barcode label generating, wireless barcode scanning, powerful insights, and landed costs & accounting calculations.
- Pricing: Options range from “small business” to “fully integrated,” with costs ranging from $99-$649/mo. There are also annual payment options, which are cheaper monthly.
- Notable Clients: Sunday Riley, Pfizer, Goodwill, Netflix, LIFEAID
- Location(s): Auckland, NZ (HQ); Bristol, UK; South Melbourne, Australia; Palo Alto, USA
- Tagline: The next evolution of inventory management.
- About/Top Features: Unleashed promises to let you manage your entire product catalogue in the cloud, know precisely in which warehouse the product is located, do stock takes faster and gain full visibility into stock costs. They offer stock visibility, perpetual inventory control using the average landed cost method, multi warehouse management, and flexible product management.
- Pricing: Prices begin at $259 per month billed annually, or $279 per month billed monthly.
- Notable Clients —WhiteWash Laboratories, DJ Papers, Aston Microphones, and Volt Bikes.
14. QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
- Location(s): California, USA (HQ); Mexico; UK
- Tagline: With Enterprise, manage inventory, reporting, sales, time tracking and payroll right from QuickBooks.
- About/Top Features: With QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, you have access to one central dashboard where you can manage your entire pick, pack, and ship process. You can also send items to a picker or packer with one click, or combine these steps to suit your business needs. QB allows you to automate receiving, accelerate your picking process, reduce data entry errors with mobile barcode scanning, send orders to workers on the floor, scan inventory, and transfer data wirelessly. And now, you can print barcode labels with sales prices to give your customers and employees the pricing information they need.
- Pricing: Beginning at $1419.30/yr.
- Notable Clients: Larson Electronics, LLC, TruEdge Builds, Foliage Services, LiteLume, Baldacci Family Vineyards
15. Retailgraph (a SWIL software)
- Location(s): Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
- Tagline: A growth-focused retail distribution solution for SME businesses.
- About/Top Features: Retailgraph brands itself as “a Growth-Focused Retail Distribution Solution for SME Businesses.” It allows you to track sales, manage inventory, make billing easier and faster, create and send invoices, and let you know how your business is doing at any given time. It automates all your business processes and provides a fast-paced way of working with efficiency. RetailGraph integrates with robust point-of-sale systems, which is used to process customer transactions, accept payments, and update inventory levels for a retail establishment. Also, the software has the functionality to view real-time pricing, inventory management, out-of-stock scenarios, sales and vendor performance, expiration, and return and wastage management modules.
- Pricing: Based on number of users and various upgrades. Details here.
- Notable Clients: Unpublished, but integrations include PharmaRack, Order Genie, Smart Pharmacy, and I Order.
- Location(s): Brussels, Grand Rosière, Belgium; Hong Kong, China; Gujarat, India; Dubai, UAE; Mexico City, Mexico; San Francisco, New York, USA
- Tagline: Making companies a better place, one app at a time.
- About/Top Features: Odoo promises to improve all your internal operations with efficient stocking methods. Their double-entry inventory has no stock input, output or transformation. Instead, all operations are stock moves between locations. And you can use their automation to manage multiple warehouses, drop-shipping, and cross docking. You can also track every stock move from purchase to warehouse bin to sales order, and trace lots or serials upstream or downstream from anywhere in your supply chain.
- Pricing: Odoo’s inventory management tool starts at $36/mo.
- Notable Clients: Muscat Media Group, HOTSPOTS, Al Jedad, Astir 4X4, Kings International, Brainbox
17. Dynamic Inventory
- Location(s): Texas, USA
- Tagline: Simplify your company’s inventory management.
- About/Top Features: Dynamic offers a powerful, user-friendly inventory control software solution designed specifically with small to midsize companies in mind. Their software allows you to make informed decisions based on real-time data and data from past sales performances, increase efficiency and productivity, improve accuracy of sales and purchase orders, avoid running out of stock, reduce risk by managing product recalls, and track inventory across multiple locations.
- Pricing: Beginning at $175/mo. for its standard plan.
- Notable Clients: Brookside Tires, Tammy’s Country, and Houston Computer Parts.
- Location(s): Louisville, KY
- Tagline: Sell faster. Pick faster. Ship faster.
- About/Top Features: What sets SkuVault apart, they say, is the easy-to-understand, yet actionable reports offered in real time. The replenishment report is necessary for sellers who want to prevent out-of-stocks and ensure positive seller ratings by always having best-selling merchandise on-hand. They feel that this is the most important report for an inventory system because it’s primary function is to keep merchants from running out of merchandise. SkuVault works across Apparel & Fashion, Automotive, Food & Beverage, Health & Beauty, Home Goods, and Toys & Games industries.
- Pricing: Startup prices begin at $199/mo.
- Notable Clients: Worldwide Cyclery, Shady Rays, Onnit, Shively Sporting Goods
19. Top Shelf (owned by Scout)
- Location(s): Tennessee, USA
- Tagline: Get visibility & validation on orders going out the door.
- About/Top Features: TopShelf offers industry specific tools, barcode scanner, e-commerce inventory management, smartphone inventory management, inventory management for small businesses, and cloud-based inventory management. They offer integrations with Fulfillment by Amazon, Shopify, NetSuite, and Brightpearl. Special features include wave picking which groups large volumes of orders to be picked simultaneously, cycle count to manage inventory discrepancies before they manage you, and replenishment that creates continued product flow to eliminate empty picking bins.
- Pricing: Starts at $90/mo. This does not include integrations—for that service, prices begin at $120 per month.
- Notable Client(s): Spigel
20. Plex Inventory Management
- Location(s): Michigan, USA; Pune, India
- Tagline: Connect with the future of smart manufacturing.
- About/Top Features: Pledges to boost your business’s performance by automating tasks, preventing errors, driving in-line quality, and ensuring accurate communication between the top floor and the shop floor. They offer a comprehensive, real-time view of your entire production lifecycle, and mitigate risk, maintain quality, and protect brand reputation for both you and your customers with full traceability and operations monitoring.
- Pricing: ERP from the Plex Manufacturing Cloud begins at $3,000/mo.
- Notable Client(s): Motus Integrated Technologies, Hausbeck Pickle Company
21. Lightspeed POS
- Location(s): Amsterdam, Netherlands; London, UK; Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Canada; Geneva, Zurich, Lausanne, Switzerland; Berlin, Germany; Brisbane, Australia; Ghent, Belgium; Paris, France
- Tagline: Cloud-based solutions for real businesses.
- About/Top Features: Lightspeed brings together multiple systems, helping you access multiple revenue streams all in one place. If you’re working remotely or on-the-go, everything can be accessed from an iPad or mobile phone, so your business follows you. Lightspeed says that they can future-proof your business with intuitive, modern tools and regular software updates. Lightspeed works across the retail, restaurant, and golf spheres.
- Pricing: A basic plan begins at $69/mo. paid annually, or $79 per month paid monthly.
- Notable Client(s): Exlucity, Le Brow Bar, Editorial, Landscape Golf Management
- Location(s): New York, USA
- Tagline: It’s time to regain your inventory confidence.
- About/Top Features: ShipHero offers comprehensive inventory management that allows you to manage locations, lots, low stock, cycle counts, and much more. They integrate with Etsy, Jet, eBay, Magento, Shopify, Etsy, and more. With ShipHero, you can manage multiple warehouses with inventory transfers, POs, and order routing. You get access to static and dynamic slotting options that give you full control of bins, pickable priorities and overstock locations. You can also manage lot expiration & serial numbers, create lots while receiving inventory, set expiration dates, and track serial numbers on outbound products.
- Pricing: Starting at $1,850/mo.
- Notable Client(s): Sauced, Fame House, Dressbarn, Canadian Tire, Wet Seal
- Location(s): Plano, Texas, US; Kent, Redbourn, UK
- Tagline: Efficient, effective, evolved.
- About/Top Features: With Wasp, you can maintain accurate stock counts, reduce errors, and avoid time consuming manual entry of items, location bins, pick orders, and inventory receiving. Real-time inventory reports allow you to compile and analyze essential data, like transactions by site or warehouse, itemized inventory levels by SKU, or individual customer purchase order history. And automatic low stock level notifications ensure you will never lose out on another sale due to stockouts. You can set automatic re-order points down to each bin location and preferred vendors for each inventoried item.
- Pricing: Basic subscription starts at $595/yr. but doesn’t include invoicing, custom reports, or purchase orders. For that, plans begin at $3,495 annually.
- Notable Client(s): Disney, Tesla, Siemens, Toyota, Microsoft
- Location(s): Stockholm, Sweden
- Tagline: Powerful inventory optimization made simple.
- About/Top Features: EazyStock promises to calculate your optimal inventory levels and generate automated purchase orders so that you can rely on always having the right products in stock. With their services, you will als be able to release capital that can be invested to spur growth and make a difference on your bottom line. They work with wholesale, retail, e-commerce, spare parts, and manufacturing.
- Pricing: Begins at $750/mo.
- Notable Client(s): Heinz, GSAB, Ergofast, Egmont, By Rydéns
- Location(s): Florida, USA
- Tagline: We always stand behind our software.
- About/Top Features: Amics’ inventory module is the core module, where their part number is first created and other information is added. This module can be used as a standalone module. Screens for adding and subtracting inventory are included. Sample reports include "Inventory by location", "Inventory Value", "Transaction Log Report" and more.You can also segregate inventory by projects with no co-mingling of parts in multiple warehouses, receive consignment inventory and use as as warehouse management system, optionally add manufacturing assembly and bar code software to provide a total solution, and track serial and lot controlled items with expiry days.
- Pricing: Amics doesn’t list a price on their site, but they offer a 30-day free trial.
- Notable Client(s): Unspecified.
26. Althea Suite
- Location(s): Washington, USA
- Tagline: If you can think it, we can build it.
- About/Top Features: Althea’s multi-channel inventory management automatically adjusts your inventory levels based on inventory sales, warehouse-to-warehouse transfers, returns, restocks, and more. Get a single view of inventory across all online and physical locations. Key features include multiple warehouse management, stock takes & Inventory reconciliation, stock transfers, stock audits, reorder levels, batch management, bill of materials, serial numbers, barcode sticker printing, scan with Barcode, QR codes, order management, delivery management, and picking and packaging.
- Pricing: Pricing begins at $129 per month.
- Notable Client(s): Simply Desi, Temple Silks, Globe Group, Chic Salon
- Location(s): Florida, Pennsylvania, and Los Angeles, USA; Czech Republic; Moscow, Russia; London, UK; Beijing, Shanghai, PRC; Singapore; Sydney, Australia
- Tagline: Order fulfillment for eCommerce businesses ready to scale
- About/Top Features: Through our custom API integrations, ShipMonk’s software will sync directly with your online shopping cart to automatically import orders. From there they’ll pick, pack, and ship each order without hesitation or delay. The best part, they say, is that the process is customizable and completely scalable, so no matter how fast you grow, you’re guaranteed to get the same great service for every single order.
- Pricing: ShipMonk’s minimum pick and pack fee is $250/month.
- Notable Client(s): Airboxlab, The Airhook, BEARD KING, FEAT Socks
28. Acctivate Inventory Software
- Location(s): Texas, USA
- Tagline: Built for distributors, manufacturers & online retailers to drive business success, company-wide—all in one system.
- About/Top Features: Acctivate promises to empower SMBs with a dynamic suite of tools that form a complete business solution integrated with QuickBooks to maximize inventory management, sales, decision-making and overall operations. No matter where a business originates for their inventory & business management—pen & paper, spreadsheets, an outdated system, a costly ERP, QuickBooks—Acctivate adds operational efficiencies that promote greater productivity, success and profits.
- Pricing: $583/mo., including 3 users and onboarding, or purchased outright starting at $4995 plus onboarding.
- Notable Client(s): Equator Coffee Roasters, KIND, DeLorean Motor Company, Aidan Gray
- Location(s): Singapore
- Tagline: America’s order, purchase, and inventory management solution with simple accounting.
- About/Top Features: Emerge’s inventory management software tracks products history, allows you to make damage adjustments, use barcode scanning, use the reorder feature, automatically set inventory limits and issue purchase orders to your suppliers when items fall below their limits, and require adjustment approvals.
- Pricing: Emerge is free to use with 4 quotations, sales & purchases a month. After that, plans start at $39.50 per month.
- Notable Client(s): JR Healthcare, Altersource Tooling Systems, Pet Ultra, Tessa Seed Research
30. Blue Yonder (formerly JDA)
- Location(s): Scottsdale, Arizona (HQ), and major cities in the United States, Asia Pacific, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Australia, and the Middle East.
- Tagline: Fulfill your potential.
- About/Top Features: Blue Yonder promises up to 55% reduced inventory levels, up to 40% faster approval times, and up to 3000% return on your investment. With their inventory optimization tool, you can segment your portfolios along multiple dimensions that better reflect the value of each product for each customer.
- Pricing: Vendor does not publicly list a starting price.
- Notable Client(s): Ace Hardware Corporation, Advance Auto Parts, 7-Eleven, 3M
- Location(s): Raleigh-Durham, NC, USA
- Tagline: Enjoy peace of mind with cloud-based fulfillment.
- About/Top Features: ShipEdge is a cloud-based software solution that "helps 3PLs and fulfillment warehouses run efficient order management operations with omni-channel capabilities." Its E-Commerce inventory management feature offers inventory tracking and returns management, asset management and recovery, tracking reverse logistics and inbound workflow, along with multiple third-party integrations.
- Pricing: Starting at $500/mo., but varies based on number of shipments, users, and locations. Tiers include Startup, Suite, and Enterprise.
- Notable Client(s): Unspecified