The following insights are powered by Nielsen in partnership with Unioncrate, an artificial intelligence demand planning platform that combines consumer behavior and historical shipment data to predict sales and inventory with up to 91.6% SKU-level accuracy.
Welcome to Day 13 of Unioncrate’s Year In Review, taking a look at the 18.6% growth the vitamins and supplements category experienced this year.
Vitamins & Supplements
- When the pandemic was officially declared in March, consumers went out and took precautions, with the vitamins and supplements category seeing 51.4% growth in the 4-week period ended 3/21.
- Immunity vitamins were a favorite for shoppers, with the category experiencing 99.6% growth in the 40-week period since March and numbers as high as 270% in a single 4-week period.
- Working from home had everyone pulling at least a couple all-nighters, and sleep aid supplements helped combat the urge to spend another night hunched over at the desk. The category grew 44.4% during the pandemic, helping us all leave work stress in the living room.
News to Keep You Well
- Goli Nutrition, creator of the world’s first apple cider vinegar gummy, partnered with Feeding America to provide over 2 million meals to people in need through Feeding America’s food bank network.
- Ritual Vitamins launched formulas specifically to support children who may not be getting all their needed nourishment through daily diet, with ingredients that help boost nutrients commonly lacked by picky eaters, including Vitamins A, B, and D.
- Catering to a new generation of moms, Perelel debuted a prenatal vitamin subscription service to make getting the nutrients needed to grow a human as easy as can be.
- Online gaming became a favorite pastime for many this year with so much time at home, and Sync Labs Corp is making a vitamin to make sure the e-athletes are ready for a gaming session at any time. The vitamins will help with eye and joint health as well as energy levels, putting gamers at peak performance.