Senior Back End Engineer
What We Do
Union Crate enables CPG companies to build and manage a supply chain that is driven by consumer demand. If you want to be part of building a next-generation supply chain platform and help control how goods move around the world then this is the position for you!
Who We’re Looking For
Union Crate is looking for an experienced Senior Backend Developer to join our global team!
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for aiding in the development, maintenance, and support of our platform. This involves having a strong understanding of API invocations, working with various models and their joins, and working with the team on core features. Extensive Web and Django development experience as well as the ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment are required. You will be part of architectural, optimization, and integration conversations as well as any other decisions on improving the platform.
- Work with our backend team to implement new features as well as enhancing our existing ones.
- Handle large projects and break them down into individual tasks to be measured weekly
- Collaborate with the team on current development, future features and brainstorming sessions
- Manage designated tasks assigned on Jira
- Perform code reviews
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum 4+years as a professional Django developer
- Has worked with Django REST framework, familiar with API invocations, exception handling, and complex data structures
- Familiar with working with a PostgreSQL database as well as overall knowledge of database architecture
- Shows a track record of architecting and developing complex high-performance applications
- Comfortable working with a highly intelligent, hungry team within a fast-paced environment
- Ultimately enjoys programming and is able to communicate and collaborate with a global team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Strong understanding of unit testing
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with GitHub
- Comfortable working with remote teammates
- Comfortable providing more junior team members guidance
- Experience with Azure is a big plus
- Experience in DevOps
- Knowledge in various 3rd party integrations (Amazon MWS, Quickbooks, Shopify, etc)
- Experience in serverless architecture
- Experience building large scale web applications
- Experience with EDI protocol is a plus
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology is a plus
Interested? Email us a PDF of your resume at email@example.com.