What We Do
Unioncrate enables CPG companies to build and manage a supply chain that is driven by consumer demand. If you want to be part of building a next-generation supply chain platform and help control how goods move around the world then this is the position for you!
Who We’re Looking For
We are growing and looking for a data engineer to join our data science team! This role is ideal for someone with some back end development experience looking to work more closely with data.
What You’ll Do
As a data engineer, you will provide input into architectural design decision, develop code to meet business needs and ensure the applications built are meeting high standards of quality and support-ability. This position will be part of the data science team and will require high collaboration within and across the different Unioncrate teams.
- Collaborate with the different teams to normalize client data to Unioncrate standards
- Write Python code to improve and optimize complex ETL process for batch data processing from a variety of SQL and non-SQL data sources
- Take loosely-defined business questions and translate them into clearly-defined technical/data specifications for implementation
- Ensure that data pipelines are scalable, repeatable and secure
- Add to our portfolio of client libraries that interface with 3rd party API’s
- Assist the Data Science team in optimizing newly developed algorithms
- Work with the Cloud Engineering team to improve our current deployment process
- Ensure all deliverables and processes are of high-quality throughout the project by adhering to best practices
- Mentor less experienced members of the team
Qualifications / Requirements
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience designing and implementing large-scale, complex ETL applications using industry-leading products/platforms
- 2-3 years of experience using SQL to perform complex data manipulation
- 1+ year experience with Python
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work with rapidly-changing business data
- Team player, great communicator, collaborative and optimistic by nature
- Comfortable working in a startup environment with remote colleagues across the globe
- Familiarity with common programming tools and best practices such as unit testing, Git, and Jira
- This position is for the New York City Office
- Exposure to time series data / signal processing
- Experience writing client API libraries
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Experience working with functional programming paradigms
- Experience in any of the more popular Clouds (Azure, AWS or GCP)
Interested? Email us a PDF of your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.